6 servings, 50 minutes
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 3 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Sweet Potato (peeled, cut into ½ inch cubes)
- 1 Carrot (peeled, chopped)
- 299 grams Turkey Breast, Cooked (roughly chopped)
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Parsley (chopped)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic, thyme and salt and continue cooking for one minute more.
- Add the sweet potato, carrots, celery, and turkey. Stir to combine then add the chicken broth to the pot along with the parsley.
- Bring soup to a gentle boil then reduce the heat to low and cover the lid. Simmer for 40 to 45 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender. Season with additional salt if needed. Serve and enjoy!
- Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Serving Size: One serving is approximately 1 ½ cups of soup.
- More Flavour: Add a bay leaf or some red pepper flakes.
- No Turkey: Use chicken breast instead.
- Additional Toppings: Serve the soup over top of cooked rice or cooked pasta.