Who are we?
Movati Athletic is driven by a vision to empower people’s lives through fitness and health, making the communities we serve healthier and happier. We’re not your typical gym. From the moment you step inside one of our clubs, you’ll experience the difference. This is why our mission is to passionately deliver an experience that makes our members FEEL WELCOME, FEEL COMFORTABLE and FEEL HEALTHY.
Established in 1997, Movati Athletic is a pioneer in the fitness industry offering an experience that goes beyond just working out. We continuously work hard to ensure our services, amenities and employees provide the ultimate well-being experience at an affordable price. What began as one club has now grown to 14, with more on the way. Employing 1,500 full and part time employees (and growing), our caring and exceptional people help ensure our members improve their quality of life. We continue to hire exceptional, caring individuals, adding to our family of Movati Athletic employees.
We’re always on the lookout for the best and brightest to join our expanding company. We are currently searching for a Membership Coordinator, at our Richmond Hill location. Are you excited to learn more?
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Membership Coordinator is responsible for delivering and continuously improving membership sales results and performance.
What can you expect in this role?
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on. We can’t wait to hear what else you want to contribute to the role!
- Nurtures new business accounts to meet and exceed sales goals and targets through tenacious and enthusiastic outreach, in accordance with defined metrics and standards. Strives to achieve and exceed new membership sales objectives and continuously improve membership sales performance.
- Supports the execution of internal and external promotions and marketing campaigns/strategies to attract new Club member and retain existing Club members.
- Conducts informative and energetic membership tours to prospective members and guests, anticipates and interprets their needs and customizes the membership experience by matching their unique needs, interests and goals with Club products and services.
- Generates sales leads through prospecting (lead boxes, corporate outreach). Establishes relationships with local businesses to promote, health, wellness and fitness.
- Follows up on all unsold prospects in a timely manner, and in accordance with defined metrics and standards.
- Maintains regular contact with Club members to retain them, motivate them, and assist them in meeting their health and fitness goals.
What type of experience should you have?
These are only some of the things we’d like you to bring to the table. There will be more, but we can discuss those in person.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience is required. Post-Secondary education related to health and fitness industry is an asset. Additional certifications or workshops related to customer service are a strongly preferred
- 1 plus years related commission based sales and customer service are required
- Related industry experience is an asset (i.e. retail, hospitality, leisure, fitness, etc.).
- CPR & First Aid are required and must be maintained through employment.
- Ability to create and sustain a culture of service focused on hospitality, caring, welcoming and fun.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and flexible hours, as required.
Interested candidates are invited to APPLY. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Movati Athletic is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We can’t to meet you!